iPads in Education

Innovating education with technology.

Earlier I posted about adding PDF’s easily to your new iPad. Today Chad Reynolds shared a tool with me that will convert any webpage into an Epub to be read on e-readers like the Kindle and the Nook as well as tablets such as the iPad or iPod touch. Lets take a look at DotEpub.

DotEpub is an extension that runs in your web browser and it offers one click conversion of webpages to the Epub format. What is nice about this utility is the ability to add websites on the iPad and it shows up in iBooks.

Why is this cool? iBooks does a great job of reading the text of ePub so if you have a struggling reader, special needs student, or you just want to have the device read to you. Also maybe you have a lesson that you created in Google Docs, now you have an instant book such as a lab manual for your students to consume!

If you head over to http://dotepub.com/ it is really easy to get started. Simply follow the installation instructions on the right hand side of the page and you will be up and going in no time. This works on the iPad ,iPod Touch, as well as the iPhone.

If you have any issues don’t hesitate to email me or tweet me!

Do you use Ebooks in your room? If so how do you use Epub’s in your room?

Thanks
@tjhouston

Views: 1841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is so great.  I'm really excited about this because I need students to be able to interact with the text and Epubs allow that.  Now....I need an easy solution for converting PDF's to Epubs...

You can try this website: http://www.2epub.com/

Let me know. 

Thanks

TJ

I tried using dotepub and one other one, whose name escapes me. I found that it only turned the first page of the site into an epub. I was hoping to download a bunch of pages in a particular site. 

Ellen

What a great tip, thanks so much!

RSS

About

Sam Gliksman created this Ning Network.

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by Sam Gliksman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service